Thursday, September 14, 2006

Concrete Blonde's "Joey"




by Johnette Napolitano


Joey


Joey, baby, don't get crazy.
Detours. Fences. I get defensive.
I know you've heard it all before,
so I don't say it anymore.
I just stand by and let you
fight your secret war.
And though I used to wonder why--
I used to cry till I was dry.
Still sometimes I get a strange pain inside.
Oh, Joey, if you're hurting so am I.

Joey, honey, I've got the money.
All is forgiven. Listen, listen.
And if I seem to be confused
I didn't mean to be with you.
And when you said I scared you,
well I guess you scared me too.
But we got lucky once before,
and I don't wanna close the door.
And if you're somewhere out there
passed out on the floor,
oh Joey, I'm not angry anymore.

And if I seem to be confused,
I didn't mean to be with you.
But when you said I scared you,
well I guess you scared me too.
Well if it's love you're looking for
then I can give a little more.
And if you're somewhere drunk and
passed out on the floor,
oh Joey, I'm not angry anymore,
angry anymore, angry anymore.


____

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home